Who we are:
Katan Jewellery is made by Selini Jewellery Limited and is registered in England and has its registered office workshop and primary place of contact is:
Cedar Farm Back Lane
L40 3SY England
Tel: +44 (0) 1704 821 356
We are in the business of bespoke jewellery retail.
Whose personal data we process:
Current & Past Employees
Consultants & Professional Experts
Use of your personal data
We collect & process personal data
- Where you have provided consent
- To comply with our legal obligations
- Where necessary for us to pursue a legitimate interest
- To perform a contract we have entered into with you (or to discharge other contractual obligations.)
- Where processing is in your interests
Personal data sources
We collect personal data from any number of sources including:
Publicly available information such as Companies House, Social Media & Google Search Engines.
Information provided by you via our website, by filling in forms online requesting information or services, contacting us by email, telephone, mail or social media.
Third party providers, debt recovery agencies, contractors & business introducers.
Purpose for which your personal data is collected & processed:
- We collect personal data in order to help improve our service to our clients, suppliers and industry partners.
- To carry out all obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide information you have requested or we feel may interest you.
- To inform you of services and products available that are similar to what we have already provided you in the past.
You can unsubscribe from any of our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link on the email.
We may disclose your personal data to
- Our suppliers and transport carriers (where necessary for fulfilling contract obligations we have to you, or for exercising our rights where applicable.)
- Government departments such as the police to comply with any legal obligations.
- Credit agencies in relation to credit risk management
- Other third parties on a legal obligation basis, to protect our rights and property, also in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff or agents, clients or members of the public.
Employment & education details
This source of data is stored for recruitment purposes; all unsuccessful applications are destroyed unless we are requested or have obtained explicit permission to keep a CV and covering letter on file.
Bank & payment information
This information may be obtained at any time during our business relationship with you for payments or refund purposes. We may request you to confirm bank details in person, by email and over the telephone.
Electronic & hardcopy correspondence & documentation:
Any documentation and correspondence submitted to Selini Jewellery Limited may be stored to help us deal with queries and support our client services.
IP addresses & cookies
For more information visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note cookies are optional and you can remove them or block them using your web browser settings.
Transferring your data outside of the European Economic Area:
In some circumstances your data may be transferred to a third party agency that may process your data outside of the European Economic Area, this will be executed if necessary for the performance and completion of a contract, for example if goods are to be delivered direct from the manufacturing plant.
Safeguarding your personal data
Selini Jewellery takes all reasonable steps to safeguard and protect your personal data. We have company policies in place regarding information security both physical and digital.
Staff members are properly trained so they are able to process your data securely and adhere to all aspects of data protection.
How long we keep your personal data
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For marketing purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely unless we are asked to erase it. For contractual purposes we retain it for a period of 7 years after the information is no longer required for business reasons so that we can deal with any legal issues that may potentially arise.
Your rights as a data subject
- Your rights to be informed of who we are, why we process your data, with whom we share your personal data and how we have collected it. This privacy notice can be found on our website
- Your right to access the data we hold about you, this can be requested via our website contact page.
- Your right to rectification and erasure, should you require any personal data changes or wish for your data to be erased; this can be requested by contacting our company via email or letter.
- You have the right to data portability; this enables you to request the format you wish to attain your data.
- You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have given in relation to your personal data. In the event of a contractual issue or legal problem we may refuse this.
Reporting a concern
Should you not be satisfied with our proposed resolution you can raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s office.
If you feel that the processing of your data infringes any of your rights you will always have the right to lodge a complaint with the (ICO).
Automated decision making
Automatic decision processes allow us to meet a contractual obligation.
Automated decision-making can include credit checks. Where we process your data for the purposes of a contract we are not compelled to explain the decision made. However, to show good client service we will try and provide you with an explanation.
Some of your information will be stored on Mailchimp, including your name, email address, IP address and the amount of times you click the links on our marketing campaigns. Should you require more information on Mailchimp, you are able to request this via our website contact page. Selini Jewellery and Mailchimp will never sell your email address to third parties.